• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
garyfletcher

2nd game finished. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

This topic is 4887 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi people. Just finished my 2nd game. Is a text version of tetris. Would really appreciate some feedback as I'm not too convinced about my overall design, and sometimes felt as if I was just doing things around the design and it didn't quite fit right. For example had to drop a DROP movement coz I couldn't see where I could put it in the design of the game. So all comments glady recieved. The source can be found here. Is C++ done under DEV-C++ v4.9.9.2. EDIT: All source is there now..including textris.cpp Thanks in advance..:) Think I'm going to move on to graphics now. PS. In order to play Textris you'll have to resize the console window manually. Don't know how to do it from within the code, so if anyones got any ideas let me know about that as well. PPS. Apologises for the REALLY naff demo mode included. [Edited by - garyfletcher on March 30, 2005 6:37:52 AM]

Advertisement
Tried to run it, but the screen was to jumpy to play the game. Looks like a strobe light. Is it just my computer or are other people noticing this?

-Jake

Quote:
Original post by jake2431
Tried to run it, but the screen was to jumpy to play the game. Looks like a strobe light. Is it just my computer or are other people noticing this?

-Jake

Same issue here.

Also had to run .exe from archive because I got an unresolved external when compiling your code in Dev-C++ from scratch. And it also said Textris.cpp wasn't in my Dev-C++ Templates directory when I loaded the project file.

Having said that, nice job!

It looks jumpy here too, but I can see what's going on. I think you have a too fast computer, my graphics card only has 4 MB RAM :P

gary: nice work, now switch to graphics cause ascii games will never sell :P

Yes maximizing did work better though it still blinked. The keys work fine, but if you start pressing the directional keys randomly it says its paused and to press p to continue playing. If I then press p nothing happens. Why is this? A glitch I assume?

-Jake

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!