• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Genius_Bobby

OpenGL Antialiasing or blending

This topic is 4974 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to ask you a question about opengl.I am trying to make the lines smooth.For making the lines smooth i am using Antialiasing. 1.how to make Antialiasing and still have depth test in the progamme? I am blending everything, but when i enable blending i have to disable depth test. i want to enable blending and depth test in my programme but if i enable both of them then i cannot see anything on the screen,if Anybody can advice me. future thanks for reply me. Bobby

Advertisement
you can use glEnable(GL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB) (if it's exposed for your card - which it should be) to multi sample each pixel for antialiasing.

hi ,
i followed your step but it gives me error

GL_MULTISAMPLE_ARB undeclared identifier

i will wait for your reply .
Thanks for previous reply.
bye
Bobby

sorrry didnt understand wat do u mean by external data if u give me little bit more explanation.
i will wait for your reply. thanks for previous reply
Bobby

There is also a Tutorial at Nehes Site for FSAA.
http://nehe.gamedev.net.
Me personally, I use the Radeon SDK for accessing extensions under OpenGL.
Available @ Ati.com.
rya.
Scorcher24

I tried to include the new headers but its still not working.i looked on nehe tutorials as well but doesnt help.May be becoz of my pc adapter or grahics card.Is there anyperson who can give me advice.

Is there anybody who can help me ?

[Edited by - Genius_Bobby on March 31, 2005 5:54:23 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!