Antialiasing or blending

Started by
24 comments, last by Genius_Bobby 19 years ago
I am waiting for the reply.I hope somebody know and he can help me.
Advertisement
Quote:.May be becoz of my pc adapter or grahics card.Is there anyperson who can give me advice.
could be, it woasnt supported on my gf2mx so support is by no means widespread. check www.delphi3d.net for which cards support the exetensiuon
I tried some of the examples over the internet but still Antialiasing is not working. one of the examples i used is from the url

http://www.edm2.com/0603/opengl.html

but i have no idea about accumulator?If somebody can tell me some tutorials on it or give me an hints.
The above all hints i tried none of them is working.i dont know y?

Thanks in advance for your reply
I'd say skip AA if you can. Only GF3 class cards support it via ARB_multisample, and it is tricky to implement.

Fist you must check ext string, to do that, you must have valid rendering context, then you need to destroy this context and choose new with pixelformat that supports multisample and so on, if you need AA you can force that via driver control panel easier most of the time...
______________________________Madman
ok but as you can see my question is remain on the same position and as i have read over the nehe.gamedev.net that but i want to turn on both at the same time.blending and depth_test

if(blend) // Is blend TRUE?
{

glEnable(GL_BLEND); // Turn Blending On
glDisable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); // Turn Depth Testing Off
}
else // Otherwise
{
glDisable(GL_BLEND); // Turn Blending Off
glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); // Turn Depth Testing
Try this piece of Code, it works for me:

glEnable(GL_BLEND);glDisable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);// Draw your model or primitiveglDisable(GL_BLEND);glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);

Now yu should have the one model blended and depth working too.
rya.
Scorcher24

p.s.: Are you using Windows ( about fsaa) ???
hi,
yes i m using windows i will try i hope that it will works thanks for replyig becoz if i will enable two things then dont work at all means it mess up everything.
Did you acquire a PFD with bits allocated for a depth buffer?
I am trying to do is making a pool table.when i move the camera around the table.its look up and down.i used double buffering,enable depth test and when i enable blending my table polygons looks up and down(a complete mess).I definately need to need use depth test but how i will enable both that was the problem for me havent try the new stuff which "Scorcher24" told me.
Bobby
what is PFD?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement