2d Engine Demo

Started by
43 comments, last by McCoy 19 years ago
Framerate hovered around 85fps.
AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (1.67GHz)
nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB
768MB RAM
XP Pro

It ran nicely - very smooth. This is very much like what I'm working on, except Ive not got this far... not releasing any code perchance? ;)

Also, couldn't help noticing that the file was hosted on Jeepster's site - have you some involvement with the band? I went to one of the gigs in November last year, Moses Gate in Bolton. Loved it!

Anyways, great engine, keep up the good work!
Advertisement
110-120fps
sempron 2300+, ddr 512 mb, radeon 8500, winxp
Dolphins - The sharks of the sea.
AMD Athlon 2.0Ghz
512MB Ram
GeForce 3
Windows XP SP2

Steady 60fps, but I'm running a whole bunch of things in the background. Also, when I dragged the window over to my second monitor it wouldn't update until I dragged it back onto the original monitor. The second monitor is running on a old Monster 3D (that's a voodoo 2 card).
P4 2.4ghz
Radeon x800XT
768 mb
xp pro sp2

The demo was very sensitive to other applications running in the background. Especially streaming realaudio (for some reason)

Anyway, FPS was between 434-448 fps without the streaming going on.
With streaming it varied between 74(lowest),334-424(in general) FPS

The demo ran smoothly though.
No no no no! :)
Stable 85 FPS (VSYNC probably)

P4 1.7Ghz
640MB RAM
GeForce 4 mx 420 64MB
XP PRO SP 2
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
1 fps *cough* seriously
VIA Samuel 2, 796 MHz
128MB DDRAM (96MB system with 32MB shared for on-board video)
Linux using Wine
Quote:
Does anyone have a less than cutting edge machine they can try it on? It would be interesting to see what sort of minimum spec this will run on.

laptop, 1 GHZ, XP, 256 Mb, 16 Mb video card: 15-16 FPS.
A nice benchmarking thread :)
~520 fps although it did dip a bit when I was rotating, down to about 480 fps
AMD64 3200
1GB DDR500
Radeon 9800 Pro
Win XP Pro

Ever notice these threads just end up being "Look at my killer machine!" Ah, what am I saying, I love it. :)
Always remember, you''re unique. Just like everyone else.Greven
Pentium M
64 MB Radeon 9000
512 MB RAM

It ran between 135 and 145 FPS when everything was on the screen, and around 220 FPS after I scrolled everything off.

-Gauvir_Mucca
500 MHz Pentium 3
GeForce 4 Ti 4200

ranged between 33 - 90 fps
ran smoothly

Hey JohnHurt, what kind of timing function and algorithm do you use to make everything run at the same speed. Your animation is very smooth. Do you try to limit your thing to go at a certain frame rate? Or do you update your animation based on the time elapsed in the previous frame ? When i did my 2D movement program i updated using GetTickCount() and i updated based on time elapsed in previous frame, and i got jittery animation.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement