• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[web] flash vs java 2d vs ur mom

This topic is 4707 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im about to make an online monopoly game that stores information in a oracle database... The way I understand this is I should seperate my GUI (java 2d or flash) from my actualy game code... The way I would like to do this is to actually make the monopoly game in php. I would like to be able to play the whole game from the command prompt. This would allow me to have a crappy representation of the board in an html file. My concern with this is I am not sure if flash could interact a php file like this. Is this making it overly complicated? I wanted to seperate it like this because there are 2 other people in my group and I Wanted to seperate it with SQL,php,and the gui. I HAVE to have information stored in a database that is already designed. Any suggestions from anyone? I also considered java 3d... I am an experienced in openGL so I thought this would be pretty easy to use. I am open to use anything for the GUI but am pretty set on PHP over ASP or JSP. Thanks =)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement