• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[web] flash vs java 2d vs ur mom

This topic is 4800 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im about to make an online monopoly game that stores information in a oracle database... The way I understand this is I should seperate my GUI (java 2d or flash) from my actualy game code... The way I would like to do this is to actually make the monopoly game in php. I would like to be able to play the whole game from the command prompt. This would allow me to have a crappy representation of the board in an html file. My concern with this is I am not sure if flash could interact a php file like this. Is this making it overly complicated? I wanted to seperate it like this because there are 2 other people in my group and I Wanted to seperate it with SQL,php,and the gui. I HAVE to have information stored in a database that is already designed. Any suggestions from anyone? I also considered java 3d... I am an experienced in openGL so I thought this would be pretty easy to use. I am open to use anything for the GUI but am pretty set on PHP over ASP or JSP. Thanks =)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!