• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] VS.NET 2005 alongside VS.NET 2003

This topic is 4715 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone had troubles running Visual Studio 2005 February CTP or C# Express when they already have VS.NET 2003 installed? The install goes fine, but I get an "Invalid Operation" dialog box that keeps popping up every few seconds after starting VS.NET 2005 (CTP or Express). Any ideas?

Advertisement
It's probably not a good idea to install the CTP versions of VS 2005 on a machine that you don't want to re-install when trying to remove it!

That aside, I've run the Beta 1 of VS 2005 along side VS 2003 fine for a while, and haven't heard about or experienced any problems.

I suggest you check out http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/vs2005/default.aspx and see if the problem you're having has been reported.

Cheers,
Brendan.

PS How do you put a link in again? Can't for the life of me remember!

How odd...I got Beta 1 a long time ago to run with VS.NET 2003, but Beta 2 doesn't seem to want to. I thought it might be my PC (I have an AMD 64), so I fired up a Virtual PC session and it worked just fine. I'll check out the suggested site, though. Thanks for the reply.

Not to nit-pick, but you have a CTP build, not Beta 2 (which is yet to be released)...

In the startup screen, it says Beta 2. But, yes, I have the CTP which is not Beta 2 quality.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement