• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zarthrag

Audiere on OS X?

This topic is 4799 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking to add an LGPL audio library to my engine, does anyone know if Audiere works on mac OS X? I've looked at the site, and really can't tell. I see that it used OSS on linux, maybe it can?? Although audiere isn't 3d (nor is sdl) what are my options other than maybe raw OpenAL?

Advertisement
No mention of Mac OS X support on the Audiere site, but you can download the source and it's probably possible to compile it with gcc in the Terminal. Most well-written *nix apps/libraries can be made to run on OSX with few problems.

You already know about OpenAL and SDL, and there's also FMOD. Of course, depending on your needs you may not need a third-party library at all. You may be able to just use OSX's built-in audio capabilities.

EDIT: FMOD probably isn't what you're looking for if you need a free, open-source library. Alas, I know of no other audio libraries for OSX.

I don't believe OSX uses OSS. It's worth a try to compile it, but I doubt it will work.

I use SDL_mixer and FMOD on my OSX projects.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!