• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kariem2k

which opengl book should i read (Superbible or beginning opengl game programming)

This topic is 4888 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi i am newbie in opengl i want to know which book in that two books should i read (Superbible or begining opengl game programming). thanks

Advertisement
I own opengl game programming, and feel it would be a good way to learn opengl, however like elmo suggested, you can get just as much out of nehe. I actually learned opengl via nehe a few years ago and later bought the book. I found it to be a good review, but it didn't really impart much additional knowledge. And both use win32 to setup the project. I'd suggest using something like GLUT, personally. It's much more straightforward (though less feature-rich).

So I'd suggest nehe and once you have a good understanding, move on to the redbook, though the only reason not to get opengl game programming would be the $50.

Good luck!

Quote:
Original post by CyberSlag5k
the only reason not to get opengl game programming would be the $50.

Actually, Beginning OpenGL Game Programming can be had for $19.79 on Amazon

This book is a great value. The CD comes with bonus chapters from the original book, and 2 sample games. Definately a good buy.

Oops, I was talking about "OpenGL Game Programming", not "Beginning OpenGL Game Programming". Sorry I don't know anything about that book, though I would still recommend learning via nehe, the redbook, and google.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!