software 3d engine source code?

Started by
22 comments, last by Ravuya 19 years ago
You can start here:

http://www.devmaster.net/articles/software-rendering/part1.php
No no no no! :)
Advertisement
Irrlicht is open source and includes a software renderer.

You might also want to take a look at LaMothe's "Tricks of the 3D Game Programming Gurus-Advanced 3D Graphics and Rasterization". Lots of useful info and source to play with.

edit -- Keep in mind that you are going to need direct access to the hardware to get any kind of performance. In that case you may have to resort to DirectDraw or something if you're using Windows.
More links? <[o_o]>
<[o]_[o]>
MichealT thats one of the most useful links ive ever come accross. Exccelent information for begginers. Thanks.
Yes... thangs for links!
<[o]_[o]>
What 3d software engine strukture?
<[o]_[o]>
Structure? Hmm, I really can't say that you should do it one way or another. It really depends on what style of programming you have.

Do you prefer C-style or C++ using classes all wrapped up in the exe or dll? Maybe you are going for dynamic loading of dlls etc.? They all need different planning and structures.

I programming in Linux platform. But me essential compatibility whit *nix and *BSD platforms.
<[o]_[o]>
Not sure if this is what yer looking for
3D Engine Database

Pretty much every 3d engine on the planet (I mean, known ones) is there
Quote:Original post by Valduks
I programming in Linux platform. But me essential compatibility whit *nix and *BSD platforms.

Hmm, that is not really what I meant. I was wondering what style you are most into? Dlls were merely an example, even though I suspect you can load something similar on *nix(I'm not a *nix programmer so I could be wrong)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement