How are Trust graphics tablets?

Started by
2 comments, last by SirLuthor 19 years ago
Hi, I'm primarily a programmer, but also skilled with pen and brush. I've tried using bitmap or vector-based graphic editors (photoshop, paintshop, corel and others), but haven't been able to concentrate enough on learning to use them, not enough to be able to make something worthwhile using them. I'm looking into buying a graphics tablet, and while I know Wacom is the choice for professional, I would like to know if the Trust tablets are so much worse than the cheaper Wacom offerings. I can get the 1200 Wireless A4 for about the same as the Wacom A6 Graphire. A6 just seems too small, A5 would be OK but Wacom only has an Intous in that size, which costs 4x as much. I'm also interested in peoples experience with the software-bundle. I think they both come with some Fractal Painter derived program, but not the same. Wacom has "Painter Classic" and Trust has one called "Art Dabbler" I think. I've only ever used a crippled demo of Painter 5, and I found it a lot of fun to work with, and should think it would be great for backdrops and world-textures, which is my primary interest. There's also an older Trust tablet called 400, which is even cheaper than the 1200. It isn't wireless and that's OK, but I wonder if at has worse resolution (spatial/pressure) than the 1200? So, anybody here with experience in those products? [EDIT] I was wrong about the 400, it's an A5 version of the 1200 [/EDIT] [Edited by - deformed rabbit on March 30, 2005 2:24:43 PM]
---------"It''s always useful when you face an enemy prepared to die for his country. That means both of you have exactly the same aim in mind." -Terry Pratchett
Advertisement
I won't be too helpful here, I have never used a trust tablet.
avoid corded though - it may effect your movement.

I have only ever used wacom, At work I use an A5 which I find
perfect (having used a6/a4/a3 versions)

Maybe you could find an old one on ebay for a bargin price?
just need to make sure it has not been abused by someone heavy
handed... they normally stand up well to constant use, the odd
person tends to grind the tips on the pens a bit. Ones I have used
never show signs of wearing out.

The old ultra-pads are pretty good - I got one at home 256 presure levels
(pre-angle sensor)

Intuos 1 2 and 3 are pretty similar

grafires look ok with 512 presure levels - I guess they have no
angle sensor, but I hardly use that myself..
I agree, getting a wacom from ebay is probably the easiest (And cheapest) way to go. I myself got a 12x12 Intuos (1) for $150... works great, definately worth it. (Only one small driver issue... I have to use older drivers for it)
I have a Trust A4 tablet (don't use it all that much, not the greatest artist), it's a fine piece of hardwae to have. However, if you are very serious about what you do, like a professional texture artist, then it's not the thing for you. It's not perfect, tends to jump around a bit, but by and low, it's fine. As long as you don't need perfect precision. For the hobbiest, a good piece of hardware.
Free speech for the living, dead men tell no tales,Your laughing finger will never point again...Omerta!Sing for me now!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement