pointful death

Started by
50 comments, last by sunandshadow 23 years, 4 months ago
I always figgured that religion was the beliefs you hold, not the people you hang out with.

The States does indeed produce movies and TV with complete sexual situations that are not automaticly rated X. They usually include warnings like "The following contains seens of nudity, human sexuality, and corse language. Viewer discresion is advised." They''re usually rated either 14+ or 18+ (Canadian TV rating).

I like the holy war idea. At least as an element of a game''s plot or setting. Otherwise I can''t quite picture it as the whole focus without loosing the ''pointfull death'' thing. I can just see it. An other wise noble undertaking of a controversial topic quickly becomes a hack n'' slash fest whose message is lost on a generation brought up slaughtering waves of goblins.
Advertisement
Maybe you could explain the goblin vs. human wars as a religious thing. Humans tried to convert goblins (as they always try to do) and the goblins told the humans to f*** off with their biassed prejudiced ways. Then, the player must stop a holy war that has been raging for many years. How do they do this? Well, they could slaughter every goblin in existence, or every human for that matter... Or they could work in some more constructive means (political insinuation)... Anyway, it is just an idea

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers'' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement