• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gurra_koo

List of cvs modules? How hard can it be?

This topic is 4952 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For some time now I've been trying to figure out a way to get a complete list of modules available on a cvs sever... The modules file works some times, but not always... Not every server use that file. Commands like "cvs history -c -a -l" will result in an entry for every file on the server. And if you're trying this on a large server it will be a pretty long list... So is there a 100% fool proof way of getting a list of modules from a cvs server? /koo

Advertisement
well, I'm running samba on the same server that handles CVS, so I have an hourly cron task running:

(note: the paths will most likely be way off, I'm using Server Optimized Linux)

[listing of catCVS]
#!/bin/bash
ls /server/cvs/cvsroot | grep -v CVSROOT > /mnt/samba/CVSProjectList.txt
[end listing]

So every hour, the text file is updated with the listing of all projects hosted there. I'm sure you could do the same thing with a webpage as with a text file. There are also web modules for doing CVS stuff, 2 of which work with TortoiseCVS, but I don't recall the names offhand.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!