Another wxWidgets+Depth buffer problem

Started by
3 comments, last by zedzeek 19 years ago
There seems to be a bit of a wxWidgets and Depth Buffer theme going at the moment. I have a strange problem in that when i enable the depth buffer, it does not work properly, and I cant work out why...no one on the wx Forums has been able to help... This is what it looks like: Sorry i cant get links working properly in these boards These are the depth test settings I am using: glClearDepth(1.0f); glDepthFunc(GL_LEQUAL); glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); Does anyone know why this Z-Problem could be. It happens on both my ATI and Nvidia card (tho is look slightly different between the 2). My wx opengl canvass is passed the following (for those of you who know about this): int windowAttributes[5]; windowAttributes[0] = WX_GL_RGBA; windowAttributes[1] = WX_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER; windowAttributes[2] = WX_GL_DEPTH_SIZE; windowAttributes[3] = 24; windowAttributes[4] = 0; I have also tried depth buffer sizes of 16 and 32 bits, but it makes no difference... While we are at it, can someone tell me exactly what glClearDepth() does, it does not make a difference what I do to it... [Edited by - Mr Lane on April 1, 2005 7:52:03 AM]
Advertisement
I generally dont like to bump threads, but has anyone got any suggestion whatsoever about what is wrong here or what I should be looking for? I am completely losts for answers.

All windows are in 3D mode despite the names "Top, Front, Side" etc...
have u set the near far clip planes to reasonable values eg 0.1 and 100
I say, New Zealanders have their uses! I would never have picked that, I had no idea that the near clipping plane could cause this problem...is their any reason why?

Again thanks a bunch!
http://sjbaker.org/steve/omniv/love_your_z_buffer.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement