Rating Proposal

Started by
28 comments, last by stimarco 19 years ago
I propose that once a user rates someone, it becomes permenant. ( When I say permenant, I mean that they can't change their mind and rate the user down. )
Advertisement
No, this is stupid, becasue what if someone says something completely wrong(-5) then says someting great a whole bunch of times worth the full rate up.
Quote:Original post by DerAnged
No, this is stupid, becasue what if someone says something completely wrong(-5) then says someting great a whole bunch of times worth the full rate up.

Well, I believe that a user shouldn't be judged by the first response. If you are judging a user by one response, then most likely you should consider staying away from the rating system.

[edit]

Also, you made a typo on "because," as well as a typo on "something."
I also disagree with this proposal. The way people behave is dynamic, and therefore, the way I choose to rate people should also be dynamic. If somebody changes, I should be able to change how I rate them to reflect how I actually feel about them.
See, look at how your rating just boucned up and down for a minute, if I didn't have the dynamic ability of doing that, practically only new joiners woeul be able to vote you, becasue if you are like me, you rate a bunch of people per thread.
See, look at how your rating jsut bouned up and down for a minute, if i didn't have the dynamic ability of doing that, practically only new joiners woeul be able to vote you, becasue if you are like me, you rate a bunch of people per thread.

Actually, I didn't notice, because I don't really watch my rating way too much. Only occasionally when I've prepared for a rating bomb.

/me puts on his armor and prepares for another rating bomb.

[EDIT]

You made a typo on "bounced," a typo on "I," a typo on "would," and a typo on "because."
Quote:Original post by Lenox

Well, I believe that a user shouldn't be judged by the first response. If you are judging a user by one response, then most likely you should consider staying away from the rating system.
Um, that's why you should be able to change the rating you gave them...
Quote:Original post by Roboguy
Quote:Original post by Lenox

Um, that's why you should be able to change the rating you gave them...

You didn't read the whole post, did you? If you don't judge by the first response, but by all the responses collectively, then you won't need to rate more than once.
It is human nature to change your mind, why must you play god?
It is human nature to change your mind, why must you play god?

This is no way related to human nature and god. I am in no way trying to play god, so it really just doesn't make sense. As stated before, there really shouldn't be a reason to change your mind. If you rate a user based on 10 - 20 of their posts, then you should be positive by then that you want to rate them how they should be rated.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement