Rating Proposal

Started by
28 comments, last by stimarco 19 years ago
Quote:Original post by Extrarius
Quote:Original post by Lenox
[...]Also, alot has become acceptable by many of people.

Many people would find "hi2u2" to be perfectly normal. That doesn't make it right.

There is a difference though. Even seperated, "hi 2 u 2," really means nothing. Seperating "alot" will give you " a lot," which is able to be understood by everyone ( even none "l33t" speakers. ).
Advertisement
.........Seperating "alot" will give you " a lot," which is able to be understood by everyone ( even none "l33t" speakers. ).

Sothisisokthen?becauseifyouseparatethisoutthenitisallcorrect(ithink).

P.S. Seperating -> Separating
Quote:Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!
Quote:Original post by grekster
.........Seperating "alot" will give you " a lot," which is able to be understood by everyone ( even none "l33t" speakers. ).

Sothisisokthen?becauseifyouseparatethisoutthenitisallcorrect(ithink).

P.S. Seperating -> Separating

grekster: Thank you for correcting me, now I cannot go wrong when spelling separate. Also, I find it funny that you guys really care about the difference between "alot" and "a lot."

( p.s. In case you didn't notice, correcting my typos doesn't annoying me, like you intended it to. )
Who said anything about annoying? Your obviously quite anal retentive over spelling so im just helping you out :)
You're -> You are.
Your -> Your possession.
While we're at it, "annoying" was used incorrectly. I find it strange that you use many of your posts to correct typing mistakes... yet you find it difficult to post in an understandable manner. And then there was that Toxic Hippo thread...

Anyways, you can close this post yourself. Click the 'edit' button on your initial post, and put a check in the 'Delete this Post' box. The thread will go away quietly.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Quote:Original post by Avatar God
While we're at it, "annoying" was used incorrectly. I find it strange that you use many of your posts to correct typing mistakes... yet you find it difficult to post in an understandable manner. And then there was that Toxic Hippo thread...

Anyways, you can close this post yourself. Click the 'edit' button on your initial post, and put a check in the 'Delete this Post' box. The thread will go away quietly.

I actually meant "isn't annoying me." Typo on isn't, then. :P. Anyways, since deleting my original post won't work (I've tried it a few times already. ), this is my last post in this topic, so there really is no point in talking in this thread. I already admitted that I was wrong, so I'm done with it.
Quote:Original post by alexmoura
You're -> You are.
Your -> Your possession.

LOLOLOLOL.

Quote:... (I've tried it a few times already. ), ....

That full stop inside the brackets shouldn't be there :)
[...] Anyways, since deleting my original post won't work (I've tried it a few times already. )[...]

If I recall correctly; you can't delete a thread once someone else has posted in it.
-----------------------------------Panic and anxiety Disorder HQ

Also, alot has become acceptable by many of people.

So has invading sovereign nations on the basis of a lie. Just because "many people" agree with something, it doesn't mean they are right.

"Alot" is not in any major accepted dictionary of the English language, UK, US or "International". It's not a real word. Learn to type and quit giving us weak excuses. I don't care if English isn't your first language: it isn't mine either. (My first language is Italian.)

Languages exist for the purpose of communication. The rules of the language dictate how it is to be used. The vocabulary of that language dictate the ideas and concepts that can be expressed in it.

Writing and speaking are both forms of transmission. Make your intent clear. Eliminate noise and interference from your transmission by avoiding flaws in your writing and speaking to the fullest extent of your abilities.

The English Language has a lot of built-in redundancy that allows it to be understood even when there is a lot of noise, but to deliberately introduce flaws and errors in the signal is a message to me (and most people) that your thoughts are as flawed and erroneous as your message.

Deliberately introduce noise and interference in the 'signal' and you make it harder for us to understand you. You introduce ambiguity and vagueness of thought into your message. What you say and how you say it is the only way we have to determine whether you are worth listening to.

I contend that someone who excuses poor communication skills by claiming that "many people" agree with him is merely advertising his sheeplike faddist tendencies.

--
Sean Timarco Baggaley
Professional Communication Nazi.

Sean Timarco Baggaley (Est. 1971.)Warning: May contain bollocks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement