• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mike25025

I cant get 3D sound to work

This topic is 4975 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im writing an audio lib for my engine and have all of the code done. I started to do some tests and everything works except 3D sound. I have changed guid3DAlgorithm to all possible values but the only one that didn't fail to create a buffer is DS3DALG_DEFAULT. Then I checked all settings on the listener and buffers but everything looks right. I've looked at the documentation and tried to look at the samples (they didn't install this time?). And I've Googled but didn't find anything helpful. Im out of ideas. Can anyone help me? Is there something I should check in my initialization code? Any help is appreciated. Im using DX7.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Kibble
Are your sounds mono? Stereo (or higher) sounds won't be 3D positioned.

All of my sounds where stereo so I converted one to mono but its still not working. Any more ideas?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!