Sign in to follow this  

YAY!! Im almost done my first 'real' game!

This topic is 4675 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well, earlier in the day, i started to work on a nice simple pong game, and now all i have to do is make the bmp for the paddle and ball better and make it so that you can lose!!! yay, and the way i did the bouncing off the wall is, i have 2 seprate speeds for x and y for the ball, and when it hits the wall i (like it hits the top) multiply the y speed by -1, well i can up with that with no help, but im pretty sure thats how everyone would do it :( but still!

Well done... that's remember me when I tried to make my first (and only) game and I had to make the ball bouncing on the walls. At the time I was 17/18, but since I'm not quite smart, I could not find how to do it. I had to ask to my math teacher in order to use the line equation. Today I would use vectors but, hey, the important thing is that it works.

Congratulations, completing your first game is an excellent accomplishment - you've gotten further than a lot of people who decide to start this. [smile]

Let us know how it turns out!

Congrags! First game is always the hardest :)

Dont forget to post a link from where we can download it!

Sign in to follow this