• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Hick

unexpected EOF

This topic is 4949 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello collegues, as an beginner, I found the following compiler-error: unexpected EOF, Where is my fault? thank's for help greez hick

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by fractoid
Most likely you forgot to close a curly brace or something. Post the full error message?

Yea, those curly braces can get ya good...

I usually forget an #endif in the last file modified!
Or if you set higher warning level it can be a missing return at the end of the #endif in the header (this applies if you use #ifndef...#endif guards).

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Original post by SirLuthor
Especially if you leave a namespace open in a header file [sick] That one literally had me stumped for days...
I've had a similar experience. I've learned my lesson and now make the curly brackets before I write the content of the code block I'm working on.

Quote:
Original post by Rob Loach
Quote:
Original post by SirLuthor
Especially if you leave a namespace open in a header file [sick] That one literally had me stumped for days...
I've had a similar experience. I've learned my lesson and now make the curly brackets before I write the content of the code block I'm working on.

Same here, once burned, never again [grin] I now do braces (opening and closing) before code for anything, classes, functions, namespaces, the works. Certainly cuts down on that kind of error.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!