unexpected EOF

Started by
6 comments, last by SirLuthor 19 years ago
Hello collegues, as an beginner, I found the following compiler-error: unexpected EOF, Where is my fault? thank's for help greez hick
Advertisement
Most likely you forgot to close a curly brace or something. Post the full error message?
Better yet, post the entire source code. And put a in front of it so we could see it all nicely
Quote:Original post by fractoid
Most likely you forgot to close a curly brace or something. Post the full error message?

Yea, those curly braces can get ya good...

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Especially if you leave a namespace open in a header file [sick] That one literally had me stumped for days...
Free speech for the living, dead men tell no tales,Your laughing finger will never point again...Omerta!Sing for me now!
I usually forget an #endif in the last file modified!
Or if you set higher warning level it can be a missing return at the end of the #endif in the header (this applies if you use #ifndef...#endif guards).

Hope that helps.
Fil (il genio)
Quote:Original post by SirLuthor
Especially if you leave a namespace open in a header file [sick] That one literally had me stumped for days...
I've had a similar experience. I've learned my lesson and now make the curly brackets before I write the content of the code block I'm working on.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Quote:Original post by Rob Loach
Quote:Original post by SirLuthor
I've had a similar experience. I've learned my lesson and now make the curly brackets before I write the content of the code block I'm working on.

Same here, once burned, never again [grin] I now do braces (opening and closing) before code for anything, classes, functions, namespaces, the works. Certainly cuts down on that kind of error.
Free speech for the living, dead men tell no tales,Your laughing finger will never point again...Omerta!Sing for me now!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement