• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Annoying 3DSMax plugin development issue

This topic is 4675 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, don't know if it's the right forum to post or if this seems to be a silly thing. Anyway i'm writing a file exporter in 3dsmax for my game, no problem there, but it annoys me that everytime i make a change in the plugin i have to close 3dsmax and restart it and that takes quite some time, can't i unload the plugin and load it again or something? thanks and sorry if this is kinda stupid :)

Advertisement
As far as I know you cannot reload the plug-in on the fly. But, as a developer, I usually don't need all the other max plug-ins apart from our own plug-ins. If you, like me, copy them (temporarily, during development) to a different directory, Max will start up in no time.

I think what you're looking for is a 'deferred' load plugin'. I haven't implemented one myself, but look in the MAXSDK .CHM help file for specs on how to do this...

thanks for your replies, maxscript is not an option since the plugin is written 80%...i was looking in the max help and found that a solution might be using 2 dll, one loading then unloading the actual exporter...i'll look into that, so once again thank you.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement