• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jen6677

[.net] What am I doing wrong with respect to structuring my code/files?

This topic is 4981 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

heres an example that illustrates my problem Ive finished coding up a message board. Im creating the entire message board on the fly in my code behind. That is, Im creating The tables and cells in the code behind eg: --- tblThread = new HtmlTable(); tblThread.Width = "100%"; tblThread.CellPadding = 3; ... cell = new HtmlTableCell(); ... --- The code works just fine. However the problem arises when I try getting a designer for the message board. How will a designer help with the design of the message baord without giving the source code? Even If I did give the source code i doubt a designer would want to mess with it. So what am I doing wrong. what could I have done so I can make it easier for the designer? Maybe Im missing something fundamental because I done see how I could have coded the message board without creating the board in the code behind. Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
Why not use XML templates which are then modified by the board user to customize the display?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!