• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ilankt

writing pixels to screen on iPAQ?

This topic is 4860 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to improve my game engine I wrote for my PocketPC. currently I'm using GAPI for getting a pointer to screen memory, and I get only 30 FPS with just clearing the screen. I guess GAPI is really, REALLY slow and I was wondering, how can I do it faster? and no, I do not want to use any librarys like GAPIDRAW etc... So, I need to use ARM assembly?! Thanks.

Advertisement
Are you sure?
I know my PPC is old and slow, but 30fps while doing nothing?
do you mind checking the exe and tell me how much fps it run?

Some of the PocketPCs with video chips are really bus limited. You can't really do anything about it. I'd recommend picking up PocketHal @ www.droneship.com.

It has a few tricks, and sometimes can give you small boost or two.

ok here is the download
so if anyone have a ARM PocketPC and want to check it out for me, it will be great.
the "demo" is drawing 2 surfaces, and clearing the screen, when you press a key, the program will exit, and report average FPS.
please post them here.
Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!