• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Nairou

Anyone ever use Pike for scripting?

This topic is 4944 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just came across the Pike language (http://pike.ida.liu.se/). Its another script language, similar to C/C++/Java. The things I found most interesting about it were the fact that it was OOP, and that it claims to be very fast. Other than that, I don't know much about it and have never heard of anyone using it in games. Has anyone used it much? I wonder how it would fare as a game script language, though I don't know if it even has a framework for doing that.

Advertisement
Never heard of it before, but it looks interesting. The first thing that strikes me is the lack of module creation guides / binding guides, which as game developers is likely to be the first thing we'll need to work on. The one guide I did find is linked here

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!