• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Anybody read licence agreement? :)

This topic is 4798 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi My question is simple: Is any kind of Microsoft agreement needed to develop games in DirectX (Direct Draw) for commercial purposes? I always agree to all the licences :) But now I'm about to write a game and sell it. Is anything more then legal builder and downloaded SDK necessary? Thanks in advance

Advertisement
You're free to release anything using VC++ and/or DirectX without special permission from MS. If you're shipping DX with your game, you must provide MS's REDIST, not try to make your own set of DLLs to include. Some VC libraries, such as MSVCRT70 (MicroSoftVisualCRunTime7.0) may be shipped with your product too.

In your "program files/microsoft visual studio .net/redist.txt" you can read about which files you're allow to distribute. The DirectX SDK has a redist directory, or you can download a specific redist DirectX package from the DirectX download center.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!