• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Filousov

DirectX reference rasterizer and HAL difference

This topic is 4856 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Good day, I'm experiencing strange behaviour of DirectX reference rasterizer. I'm rendering depth of scene to R32F texture format using my shaders. While I'm running my app under HAL the depth is rendered correctly to texture. But when I'm running my app under reference rasterizer nothing is rendered to the texture. Althoug I switch debug output level to maximum, no message is related to this problem. What can cause such a behaviour? What should I do to find where is the problem? Thanks for answering, Pavel Celba

Advertisement
Yes, I'm sure, that I'm using comlete reference rasterizer so that I can debug my application and shader (vertex and pixel).

Some things are simply not supported at all by the REF. Thw WBuffer is an example. I have found that it works swimingly even with some ancient hardware, but not all in the REF. I have heard that N-Patches also do not work in the REF. I could not locate a list of differences, but there ought to be one out there somewhere. The caps ought to report correctly, just like the when using the HAL, as to what the REF device can and connot do.

What I'm doing is rendering to R32F render target texture, which is supported under ref-device.

Filousov

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!