DirectX reference rasterizer and HAL difference

Started by
3 comments, last by Filousov 19 years ago
Good day, I'm experiencing strange behaviour of DirectX reference rasterizer. I'm rendering depth of scene to R32F texture format using my shaders. While I'm running my app under HAL the depth is rendered correctly to texture. But when I'm running my app under reference rasterizer nothing is rendered to the texture. Althoug I switch debug output level to maximum, no message is related to this problem. What can cause such a behaviour? What should I do to find where is the problem? Thanks for answering, Pavel Celba
Advertisement
Are you sure you use software vertex processing? That's all I can think of at the moment...
Yes, I'm sure, that I'm using comlete reference rasterizer so that I can debug my application and shader (vertex and pixel).
Some things are simply not supported at all by the REF. Thw WBuffer is an example. I have found that it works swimingly even with some ancient hardware, but not all in the REF. I have heard that N-Patches also do not work in the REF. I could not locate a list of differences, but there ought to be one out there somewhere. The caps ought to report correctly, just like the when using the HAL, as to what the REF device can and connot do.
What I'm doing is rendering to R32F render target texture, which is supported under ref-device.

Filousov

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement