• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Attaching Meshes in Max 6

This topic is 4675 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How exactly do you attach meshes together so that they are one mesh (e.g. attaching Box1 and Box2 to make one object called Box3)?

Advertisement
I haven't played around with Max for a month or two, but, IIRC, you select your first object, (it has to be 'editable poly' or 'editable mesh' or whatever, and there should be an 'attach' button in the right hand toolbar.

See below:

Cheers!

Well, naturally you can hit the attach button and select the objects one at a time or, you can hit the little 'semi-button' thing beside attach, to bring up the 'attach list' (I think that's what it was called) dialogue, where you can select a list of objects to attach.

Zealotgi,

What amazes me, is that you can use the internet to post to a forum,
but can't use the help system in max

LOL @ mikiex

To be certain, max 7 is slightly different. The Attach List button appears clearly to the right of the Attach button and is only visible if none of the sub-object groups are active . . . that is, you can only use Attach List with entire objects, not with sub-ojects, unless there's a method I don't know (which is wholly possible; read the documentation).

There's also a compound object called Connect that does basically the same thing, except it behaves more like a modifier and may be more suited for your purpose. Try them both and decide which one you want to use.

I believe in Max 6 (whih I have) that the attach button will also only show if you don't have any of the sub-levels selected. It was like that in Max 4 too, if I recall correctly [smile] So sure that's a feature that's different in 7?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement