Image feedback and image warping

Started by
1 comment, last by neneboricua19 19 years ago
Hello, ladies and gents. I am supposed to prepare a presentation for my fellow classmates on image feedback and image warping, using directX syntax. I am basing my work so far on the examples in chapters 13 and 14 of 'Special Effects Game Programming with DirectX' by Mason McCuskey. I couldn't find any examples for directX anywhere else outside the book. Can anyone here guide me to websites or books with further examples? Can anyone here point me to known commercial games that make use of this technique, so I can cite them as examples in my presentation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I believe Burnout 3 uses a warping technique for its blur effect like the one described in this paper: http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~ashesh/papers/eg03_paper351.pdf
--------------Trans2D - 2D library for C# / Managed DirectX
ATI has a sample that takes input from a webcam and uses an image feedback loop to apply different image processing algorithms to it. Its called the Video Shader Demo and can be found at www.ati.com/developer/indexsc.html

neneboricua

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement