Anyone have DirectX 8 SDK?

Started by
4 comments, last by Numsgil 19 years ago
I need the DirectX 8 SDK, but I can't find it on Microsoft.com. Anyone know where I can get it?
Usefull Links:__________________________________________________________________|GameDev.net FAQ|2d Game Tutorials|Nehe's OpenGL Tutorials||Cpp-Home.com|
Advertisement
You can download the DirectX 9 SDK and use DirectX 8. The DX9 SDK includes everything you need to develop programs for DX8. The only thing missing is the DX8 samples.

DX8 is so similar to DX9 that it'll hardly take any time to convert code between the two. Why so you need the DX8 SDK?
I know that you can find the DirectX 8 sdk on book cds. If you have a library where you are, see if you can pick up a programming book that runs off of this sdk (that's what I did).

The reason why I don't download the new sdk is because I've heard that it doesn't support version 6.0 of Microsoft Visual C++. Is this true?

--m_nPostCount++
It is true.

Try this place www.icarusindie.com
No no no no! :)
Quote:Original post by Killinger
I need the DirectX 8 SDK, but I can't find it on Microsoft.com. Anyone know where I can get it?

I think this could be it. I found it on this page.
If you can't find it, either send me a personal message or email me at numsgil2002@yahoo.com and I can upload it to my server for you to download. I probably won't be checking back on this topic...

EDIT: October 2007 I've received like half a dozen requests since I wrote this email. I've uploaded it to my personal site. Download the DirectX 8 SDK here. Please email me a thanks when you do, so I know people are appreciative of my efforts!

[Edited by - Numsgil on October 5, 2007 3:22:19 AM]
[size=2]Darwinbots - [size=2]Artificial life simulation

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement