SUGGESTION: Rating system tells you if you rated a person already or not

Started by
12 comments, last by jbadams 19 years ago
There has been many a time where I would go to rate a user on the forums something less than Extremely Helpful and it would lower their rating due to a time in the past when I had given them that rating. My suggestion is that when the bullets come up to click on, that user's current rating by the rate-e is already filled in.
Advertisement
Their current rating is already selected for me (Firefox 1.0); it must be something with your browser that's preventing it.
Ra
There IS something like that
-----------------------------------Panic and anxiety Disorder HQ
lol @ hothead [grin]. Say, what's your desktop image?

Still, I wish it would check to make sure that if you accidentatly re-rate someone a +5, you won't drop their rating by forty points.

If you use FireFox, then the GDNet Rating Extension should do the trick for you (I love it).
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Quote:Original post by Avatar God
Say, what's your desktop image?

I bet my 2¢ that it's StarCraft Ghost!
Quote:Original post by Avatar God
lol @ hothead [grin]. Say, what's your desktop image?

Still, I wish it would check to make sure that if you accidentatly re-rate someone a +5, you won't drop their rating by forty points.

If you use FireFox, then the GDNet Rating Extension should do the trick for you (I love it).

Quote:Drew_Benton
I bet my 2¢ that it's StarCraft Ghost!

You'd be wrong [grin], it's rikku, from FF10[smile]. Here's the full thing:
-----------------------------------Panic and anxiety Disorder HQ
I say that 2¢ was well worth that picture [grin] Actually I think that is the second time I mistook that picture for SC: Ghost (rem that old thread?) Ok no more talk from me, this was about Rating systems! [wink]
Damn, I thought it was SC Ghost too! That's why I asked...

But that's good, too.
I'm confused. When I click "rate this user", how I've rated them is shown by which bullet is selected.

Do you perhaps not want to have to click the "rate this user"? Perhaps it should say "You've rated this user as: Great" so you know that you cannot rate them any higher (or lower, as the case may be).

I think that would be handy but it's pretty easy to click the link and see that you've already rated them. It isn't a huge chunk out of my day.
Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.
Well, try this. Rate someone up to +5. Then wait for their rating to skyrocket while your rating stays about the same. Then rate them up to +5 again. You'll drop their rating by a good chunk.

I think it would be a better plan for the forums to just check the rating before re-rating a user.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement