i need 6.000usd to end my RTS game 70% done

Started by
7 comments, last by bogdanontanu 23 years, 5 months ago
HI I have allready done 70% of my RTS game...but i lost my funding .. so i need help you can see a demo version of the game at: www.geocities.com/bogdanontanu/ Its not the latest version, but u can get the ideea if u are interested ask for the latest version, i think i will end that soon (yes we are still working at it but without funding is slower) My intentions are to make a Linux and MacOs versions also So i think 6.000 usd up to 10.000 usd is needed to finish up this project in about 6 months...or less (until now we worked for about 6 months) I can see no problems other that the new investors must negociate with the previouse ones (they invested some money so they still wanna be a part of it) Anybody in for help? Bogdan Ontanu
obysoft
Advertisement
You''re going to have to start looking at publishers.
- Start working out a budget that you can show to the publishers
- do the marketing
==== find the selling points of your game
==== find the areas where there are advances in gameplay
==== make your product unique
- come up with a business plan, all the other stuff. You''re going to have to put on your business/sales hat.

As for your other investors, I think anyone who comes in with the cash will be in the driver''s seat and You and the other investors are going to have to settle for less.

Also start looking at all the older threads in this same forum as many people have discussed their relationships with publishers in great detail(rates/percentages). Also read the developer diaries that are available. They usually talk about that sort of stuff.

ZoomBoy
Developing a 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure.
See my character editor, old Hex-Tile editor, diary, 3D Art resources at
Check out my web-site
Hi

i allready talked with publishers...they are pleased..offered me lots of publishing contracts...all look ok

My problem is none of them wants fund me... and i need so little money to end my game...

i have bussines plans allright but u see we are based in Romania and i cant find many investors here. Also dont think i can make trips to other countrys (no money again) Thats why i try to post on the net.

I hope will find somebody in the end it just slows me down a lot...i mean maybe i can work without much money but my employees dont (artists, programmers etc)

Yeah...i am really sad (
obysoft
Damn, that''s a shame. I played a demo of your game and loved it I hope you find someone to fund you.
two points:

1) A publisher who raves about your game but won''t put his money where his mouth is is not much use to you. If you cant get a few thousand dollars out of them as a statement of intent, then they either don''t believe it will sell, or they are some kids in a bedroom who don''t have any funding themselves

2) If I was a publisher I wouldnt even check out a demo if it was hosted at somewhere like geocities. If you don''t believe in the product enough to register a domain name, then how can you persuade anyone else to?

Just my opinion. Hope it helps.

http://www.positech.co.uk
Hey cliffski

1. I have a domain name (i mean my investors have one):

its www.timemanagementglobal.com you can also get a demo there in the IT section (an older demo)

but you see i posted the geocities link because:
a. i am allmost alone again so i use my own web page (yes its crapy i know)
b. if i need 6000 usd for 6 months with a 4 ppl team (and i live in Romania) how the hell do u think i can afford a domain?

please dont think everybody lives in US or UK and has your kinda income, here we live with 200usd/month (most ppl have 100)

2. developers have asked and recived a DEMO CD with better grafix and souns and movies...etc all this cant be reasonable to download...IMHO (wanna dl 400Mb rather then 5Mb ? )

3. i like geocities for now...i am not a web guru ... my best shoot is at programming...not design i have an artist in my team for design but she is over her head...dosent have time for web... game work is enough...

4. as i stated befor i got contracts from publishers (some of them) but about funding they did mentioned that they have same projects (RTS) under developement and cant concure themselves

5.If u dont wanna give it a try (dl) hmmm...your loss
maybe somebody else will win...we all start low you know? i cant be ID Software2 after night....

Well u did not helped a lot but THX anyway

Bogdan

obysoft
Sorry if my tone seemed a bit agressive, that is not the intention. I have spent a lot of time chasing publishing deals (very successfully now, but less so at the start) and I am just stating what I think is the way this kind of market works. I agree with you 100% that a publisher should not judge your work by your website, but the fact is that they do. A lot of publishers are clueless, not at all tech-savvy, and very quick to judgement. I know how you feel about this being a crazy state of affairs, but im afraid its the truth.
Similarly, a lot of publishers are wannabees with no money behind them. When you put a lot of effort into a game, you don't want to be stuck with a publisher that isnt also serious about the product. Unfortunately in the big bad world, you cant believe what people say until you see the color of their money. If someone wont offer up a few thousand dollars up-front, my advice is to keep looking. Im not criticising you in any way at all, im just trying to offer some thoughts from the trenches, from someone who has seen the good AND bad side of publishing deals.

Just took a look at your screenshots and this game looks pretty good. Have you tried strategyfirst or iridon as publishers? There is also globalstar software in canada.
Hope these suggestions make up for my earlier criticisms

http://www.positech.co.uk

Edited by - cliffski on November 12, 2000 3:53:33 PM
To
cliffski

Oh...sorry about miss interpreting your efforts...i was a little upset...

Thanks for advice i will try to follow them, i see u are right now

Strange but i did not check with those publishers u metioned...
(maybe my former investors did .... i have to check it out with them) i will try to contact them anyway.

Thx man

Bogdan
obysoft
About that publishers won''t check a game if it is in a free server it''s not true, I sent about 240 emails to different publishers and a copy of my game was at tripod.com and most went there (I know it because of a counter recording IPs and domain names) and a lot of them downloaded my game, I know it because of the replies... Learn how you can be told to f*** off in 240 different ways.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement