EXT_framebuffer_object usable yet?

Started by
12 comments, last by Nithos 19 years ago
Quote:Original post by _the_phantom_
ATI's support will apprently appear 'in a couple of months', I'm hoping for June so its in time for my b'day [grin]

A friend of mine just checked last night and current stable ATI drivers do have the EXT_fb_o entrypoints, but does not expose the extension in the extension string, so I think it will be officially there in not so long time.

-M
Advertisement
yeah, i tested the entry points myself yesterday and while they dont crash they dont work, heh

I got my infomation from someone who works at ATI, so it will be longer than a month, a 'couple' implies two months but it could be more (driver pipeline depth and the state of the code base play a huge role in it)... simply adding entry points isnt that hard tbh, all they would need todo is define a couple of functions and put them in the export table of the dll, they dont have todo anything [smile]
Quote:Original post by _the_phantom_
simply adding entry points isnt that hard tbh, all they would need todo is define a couple of functions and put them in the export table of the dll, they dont have todo anything [smile]

True, but that at least means they've started to think about it :P

-M
Most of the 2D functionalities are implemented now in the NV beta drivers 76.44, so rendering to multiple buffers, multiple textures, that works pretty well. No ATI equivalent right now (which sux b/c thats what i have and need it for) and unfortunately there is no 3D render to texture support yet.

Here is a demo in this thread by Java Cool Dude, there is 1 or 2 more somewhere earlier in that thread if you want to take a look.

If anyone gets 3D to work on some new drivers, tell me, i'm kind off stuck without it :)

Edit: Java Cool Dude posted the same demo on these forums as well :), just noticed it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement