I eat about 70USD / week in fuel right now... SUVs are horrible.:(

fixed. :-P
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by N8dunn
Quote:Original post by Saruman
I eat about 70USD / week in fuel right now... SUVs are horrible.:(

fixed. :-P

On gas.. yes.
In snow and for lugging things around.. no.

We actually didn't burn that much more gas compared with a V6 car back where we used to live, but in stop and go traffic the thing just eats gas when the light goes green :)
Living in Germany sucks...
EUR 1.20 for 1 litre
EUR 4.54 for 1 gallon
= 5.85 USD/gallon!!!!
:´(

PS: I hope my calculation is correct but I assume it is..
If the gas prices raise any more then I'll have to sell my BMW and
buy a small car like a fiat or something equally ugly :(
Now get down on your hands and knees and start repeating "Open Source Good, M$ Evil", smacking your head against the pavement after each repetition. Once you have completed your training you may change your first name to GNU/, to show that you are free from the slavery of the closed source world. -Michalson
Between 3.00$ - 3.50$ / gallon around here.
What I find funny about this thread (and why I stopped reading it) is that everyone has a different name and amount that there money is worth and different countries have different measurements for thier gas... How about everyone converts it to $/gal. That will make everyone in America (that is where the GDnet server is based, right?) happy.
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
SUVs do 10-20 mpg though. An efficient-ish car does about double that (my old piece of junk did about 35 mpg). A new generation diesel does about 70 mpg.

Also, the price of petrol is so high in Europe because it's so heavily taxed. The price of the crude is the same, and so the end product should be the same as in the US.

Also, the US is quite different from Europe in terms of traffic and roads. I don't really fancy going though Texas with my dinky 1.4 petrol engine. Not exactly a cruiser.

But still, when it comes to cities, what good is a V8 6 litre 300bhp engine? apart from wasting fuel and polluting...

Everything is better with Metal.

Let me see, its about 11kr/l ( = $6.51 per gallon). I love my bicycle.

So it's quite cheap in the US really. Even so, hopefully these high prices will eventually make the fat stupid americans buy smaller cars (Sorry for stereotyping here, I know there are also a few healthy smart americans who drive energy efficient small cars).
Quote:Original post by oliii
But still, when it comes to cities, what good is a V8 6-litre 300bhp engine?
Er, street racing, sex (appeal), and various psychological reasons commonly associated with the "Man Condition". V8? Pah! One of the local street racers around here has a BMW V12 in a 90s Mitsubishi rice-rocket shell. Someone around here owns a Lamborghini Diablo too, but I don't think they dare race it. ;) I do pretty well in my 2004 Saturn ION-2 4-Door Quad Coupe against most Street Light Racers, but my petty straight-4 is no good against the more powerful luxury and racer-customized vehicles. My turning ratio still beats them though! Yee-haw! [/tangent]

[ot] Anyone know how to disable the speed governor on my car? I can only get up to 125mph before it activates. [/ot]
Quote:Original post by Adraeus
3. California's Cost of Living is much higher than Australia and Netherlands.

You are most certainly right baout driving more in the US. I remember the shock at how close everything was when I moved back to Europe etc. But you must be kidding trying to say that the Califnornia cost of living is greater than at least the Netherlands (don't know about Australia). Most, if not all, western european countries have a higher cost of living than anywhere in the US except say downtown Manhattan.
/* what matters most ishow well you walk through thefire. */
Woah, $2.50 per gallon, I cannot imagine getting gasoline the cheap anywhere here in germany. With today's price and exchange rate, I'd pay $4.8574 per gallon, that's nearly twice as much. Our general wealth and cost-of-living should be nearly the same, I think.

-Markus-
Professional C++ and .NET developer trying to break into indie game development.
Follow my progress: http://blog.nuclex-games.com/ or Twitter - Topics: Ogre3D, Blender, game architecture tips & code snippets.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement