Post your house pic

Started by
57 comments, last by Ilici 19 years ago
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Somewhere in here, image doesnt do the area justice.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Advertisement
kSquared always has the best answers [smile]

Uhm... I kinda went a little crazy just now... help! Must... stop... finding locations...

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

You're not the only one. I killed 3 hours yesterday looking up random locations.
Quote:Original post by Nemesis2k2
Quote:Out of curiousity - why do satellite photos look skewed? You think something overhead would take a picture directly overhead, but they always look like they take the picture at a ~5 degree angle. Anyone know why?

It's because satellites have a circular orbit. They aren't directly above every single point on the planet. If a satellite wants to take a downwards pciture of an area that it doesn't pass directly over in its orbital path, it has to orient itself to point towards it.

no.

satilites like this are in polar leo orbits.

Reson? There closer to the earth.
And they pass over every single point on the earths surface twice a day.
Without needing any correction. (some i've seen are just passive mag stabalising. Most have solar spin stabilisation as well tho. These are for the microsats. Like echo. The bigger ones usually use momentum wheels, active mag as well as monopropellant thrusters. (hydrazine or h2o2 iirc. W/ a paladnium or silver catalist i think.) These can point themselves where they need.)

Its also cheaper then geo's. (Its a lower orbit).

From,
Nice coder
Click here to patch the mozilla IDN exploit, or click Here then type in Network.enableidn and set its value to false. Restart the browser for the patches to work.
Quote:Original post by boolean
Damn, I wish Google Satellite worked for Australia so I could join in

me too [sad]
It still orbits around the earth in circles, it's just that the earth turns underneath it, giving it an effective 2 axes of movement. It still doesn't pass directly over every point on earth though. It makes bands across the earth, within which it still has to rotate in order to take snaps of points on the outer edge of its range, or indeed anything that's off dead center.
I'm at college now (University of Nevada, Reno), here's my dorm in red. Every building in this picture is the college.

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
my house:
Charles Reed, CEO of CJWR Software LLC

How long before Google has European satellite photos? [rolleyes]
i remember finding my house on terraserver some years ago, they had awesome coverage of europe ...
bummer its not free anymore :-(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement