.NET

Started by
3 comments, last by Jeranon 23 years, 5 months ago
What is it and what does it mean to VSC++ users? I know I could go looking for it but an article in one place (with references of course) would be a lot handier. Just a suggestion. Basically what I want to know is, am I ignorant? Is .NET really about "renting" your software? I heard some things I don''t like e.g. no CD install, just disk image of Windows... Someone clue me in past all the FUD please.
JeranonGame maker wannabe.
Advertisement
Personally I think that .NET is evil.

Yes, AFAIK .NET is all about renting software (and C#)

Well, I think it won''t work here in Holland because most people only have a 56k modem or a very, very bad cable connection.

--= ERROR: Windows.NET couldn''t find the modem drivers, please download new drivers. =--

.NET == .RENT
I''m very unfamilar with this. So what''s being said here is that gamedev rent the software for this site? I''ve seen a site that is very similar to this one and i thought that it must be a commercial product or something?!?!

One more time for the dumbies
ar+gu+ment n. A discussion in which reasons are put forward in support of and against a proposition, proposal, or case; debate.
No, I''m talking about Microsoft''s new policy of selling and distributing their software, where you pay a fee each month/year/whatever to use their software.

As of the date of this post, Office 10 is officially going to have two methods of distribution: buy it all for one large fee or subscribe to use it for a set time. Maybe they''ll go full rental?

I don''t know about their other products like the OS and Visual Studio, but assumedly, everything is going .NET

JeranonGame maker wannabe.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement