• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

dev c++ syntax highlight

This topic is 4775 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, Ive switched over from MSVC++ 6.0 to dev c++ since Ive learned that there were some problems with MSVC and DirectX (which Im about to learn). The thing is, in dev c++ I want to change the background to dark and the text to bright, I did that in the options. But the line where to cursor is is highlighted with about the same brightness as my bright text. :P Makes it quite hard to see what Im coding. Where the option in dev c++ to change in which color the current line is highlighted? Or can you change so its not highlighted at all?

Advertisement
hey,
just go to "Tools->Editor Options->Syntax (Tab)".
this has all the options for changing text hilighting in different situations.
later

Thats what I did. I just cant figure out which of them is the color for the current line of the cursor. Right now its some sort of light-blueish. Doesnt work very well as my syntax highlight is mid-blue to light-blue on a black background. :P

i must say im disappointed with this feature - i was hopin it would let you highlight custom types/functions from certain headers but it makes little to no impact, oh well...

well, if you scroll down the example you can see the 4 types of syntax line hilighting.
the very bottom one (the original navy blue colour) is for plain user selected text so you should just change that one.

hth

Tools->Editor Options->General
almost on the bottom of this dialog is a checkbox named 'highlight current line'
and a dropdown palette when you can change its colour

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!