• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Directx tutorial version differs from SDK version

This topic is 4683 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ive got a tutorial for directx. It said I should include d3dx8.h but that one isnt in SDK folder. Im having real troubles finding tutorials for dx9. Should I try to find an older version of the SDK? Or a newer tutorial? Or is there any file that i can replace that d3dx8.h with?

Advertisement
you should have quite a few tutorials in your documentation aht came with the sdk.

Couldnt find anything good in the SDK folder. It was all very specific, like only directplay or directinput. I want to learn directx from the very basic. Like... I know nothing except the win32 part... Ive learned to program in win32 before I decided to learn directx.

I would like some help here. Should I dig up another older SDK? Ive serched like everywhere for dx9 tutorials but I cant find any. Maybe Im searching for the wrong terms.

Find some very good ones for dx8 but they dont work with the dx9 and I dont have the knowledge so I can convert the tutorial code.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement