[web] Free Web Host

Started by
8 comments, last by DinGY 18 years, 11 months ago
I want to know what your favourite free web host is because i'm trying to start my web site for games I make. No file restrictions or anything...
Lord_BuctreeDead Grass Interactive
Advertisement
Forum FAQ
I want a free host with no file size limits no bandwidth limits and a good amount of web space 100-#mb.
Lord_BuctreeDead Grass Interactive
That'll be hard to find. Web hosting is getting cheaper though. I'm with 1Portfolio that offers 250MB for $7.99/year (not per month, per year!). It's the cheapest service I've found and am very satisfied with it.... It's all done through PayPal as well, which is mighty helpful.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
I agree with Rob that it will be very hard if not almost impossible to find a free host delivering that service for free.

And for what you get for free you will most likely be forced to have some adds/banners or popups. But It's very unlikely you will even find a free host giving you unlimited bandwith access and unlimited file size in the same package for free. These would be to attractive to people distributing warez etc.

[EDIT] Forgot to mention that there are some webhosts that will give away a certain amount of bandwidth and space to you depending on your participation in their forums. (Often a number of posts and points each month must be reached and depending on the quality of your post, you may be given different amounts of points, for with which you can "pay" for your free webhosting)

I have myself searched for a good free host for a long time, and have found a few. Here are two of them..

100webspace This is the webhost i have for my own page. I will stick to them until i have bought my own domain and space.
Upside: 100 megs free space, 3GB free bandwith / php / perl / mysql(5mb) / 5 subdomains / ftp / web control panel / Good support / more..
Downside: file size limit (500 kb). Servers down from time to time, (most due to warez sites, generating heavy traffic )

FreebieHost Was one of the webhosts I considered. Upside: 150 megs free space, 1.5GB bandwidth, php / perl / mysql / more..

All in all it's not easy to find a good host delivering nice specs for free.

Good Luck!
Free Classic Arcade Games by Blitzway Games
It's true, I think you'll be very hard pushed to find a free host that gives you unlimited bandwidth and a high amount of space unless you know someone with a server. Perhaps you could hook up a dyndns service to your cable account and host at home for a bit to guage how many downloads you'll be getting - this will allow you to judge how much bandwidth you can feasibly ask for.
i have been using a service called Funpic (www.funpic.org).

they offer unlimited bandwidth and file transfers but there is a 1mb limit
Hostultra

Unlimited Bandwidth
Unlimited Webspace
Domain Hosting
PHP, FTP

the file must be less than 1mb
DinGY
Yesterday is history.Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift"
Quote:Original post by invisal
the file must be less than 1mb
That's a good system if you're just planning on having a small website. I've been using 1Portfolio for about a year and a half now. very reliable and very cheap. But, if you're interested, I'd be willing to give you 15MB free on my server. Just register on my website through the login page and I'll set you up with hosting account. I'm attempting to get something working here...
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
actually, you can use www.hostultra.com for host the WebScript and, upload the big files to http://rapidshare.de.

Quote:if you're interested, I'd be willing to give you 15MB free on my server.

you very kind Rob Loach
DinGY
Yesterday is history.Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement