• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Lenolian

[.net] Selecting the version of the compiler

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have download the visual C# express beta 2, and i am looking for a way to only use framework 1 assemblys in a project. Unfortunatly visual dont recognize assemblys (System and such) in their version 1, I cant even add them manually in the reference section. I want to work with framework 1 only, because its just a little program that manipulate text file and i want to use it on a computer at work, but I dont want to install a beta version of a framework on it. So is there a way to select the compiler in visual C# express beta 2 ? With sharpdevelop you can target the version of the compiler you need in compiler options but i dont really like sharpdevelop :)

Advertisement
You can not compile for the lower framework in the express editions.. You will have to either use an IDE that can compile to the older framework, or use the command line tools in the SDK.

Thanks !

So it seems i will keep using #develop for compiling on framework 1.0, so boring to always convert... :)

Any reason why its not possible?

Actually you can, in the project options, i forget which window, you can select ISO 1 as your target for the .net framework (or you could in the beta 1 express and VS). However, certain features may not work properly and you might have to edit the project files to get it to work.

Just be careful.

If you are able to go back to a previous version of the Framework in the Express product, the older version of the Framework did not support some of the new features available in .NET 2.0, like generics.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!