Starting a team.

Started by
10 comments, last by mumpo 19 years ago
Athos,i think you and i are on the same wavelength because what i am working on tirelessly now is a presentation with character designs,enviormental work,fact sheets,animation studies(i am not an animator...yet lol) and just about everything else i can think of aestetically.The point of this thread was because i realize the amount of work i have to put into the conceptual art and realize i cannot program,model,write,draw and advertise all by myself.and actually,i actually was talking about trying to sell this to one of the major developers.Lofty goal probably but where there is a will there is a way.but back to the conversation,any more suggestions?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by l-b-z
Athos,i think you and i are on the same wavelength because what i am working on tirelessly now is a presentation with character designs,enviormental work,fact sheets,animation studies(i am not an animator...yet lol) and just about everything else i can think of aestetically.The point of this thread was because i realize the amount of work i have to put into the conceptual art and realize i cannot program,model,write,draw and advertise all by myself.and actually,i actually was talking about trying to sell this to one of the major developers.Lofty goal probably but where there is a will there is a way.but back to the conversation,any more suggestions?

I haven't tried it myself, but from what I have heard, there is pretty much zero chance that you will be able to sell a first game to a major developer, even if it is well done. Realistically, you won't be able to produce a game that is both on the scale of and of the same quality as big bussiness games; you simply don't have the same monetary resources that they do. However, that is not to say that there aren't options if you want to sell the game. Shareware and/or a website connected to PayPal are options, of course. If you want to market it through a company with some sort of reputation (probably a good idea), you might have a look at Garage Games, which specializes in helping amateurs market their games. It also makes the Torque and Torque 2D game engines. I have never used it, but I have heard good things about Torque and not needing to make the game engine from scratch is definitely a plus, at least if you want to finish your game faster. Andre Lamothe's popular (though often scoffed at) game development books advertise Xtreme Games LLC for the same purpose, though minus the nice game engine. There are probably other such companies out there that I haven't heard of yet.

Putting together some sort of working demo will help attract people to your project. If you decide to learn to program, as I suggested, start now. It will take a while.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement