Medieval Weapons Pack finished and ready to buy )

Started by
37 comments, last by tridinaut 18 years, 12 months ago
Hi, After some months of work, we finally finished this weapons pack. 53 weapons for 50$ Less than 1$ per weapon. We thought this kind of pack was missing in the art pack horizon. Content: 53 textured weapons (jpg + grid/wire to customise) at 512*512 (better more than less) 250 polys average. Following extentions: - dts with LOD - max5 - max7 (torque setup done) - 3ds - dxf - obj (for Maya and Milkshape users) Can be perfect for an RPG or simply to decorate a map (even in modern times) or whatever you need them for :) We really worked hard to provide a quality product at such low price and simply expect you´ll like it :) More info and screenshot of the whole pack (not all weapons on this screen) on our website: www.tridinaut.com (We also did a free tree pack for RTS. Coming soon...) Reply mail may take 24-48 hours.
Djaggernautwww.tridinaut.com
Advertisement
Nice work. Why so cheap?
Quote:Original post by Hase
Nice work. Why so cheap?

Because of the license maybe, you can't distribute them in the game.

"You acquire the copyright to any derivative works created using MWP, provided the none of the original materials can be extracted from the derivative work by any means."

If the game needs to extract the files that means there is a way to extract them, and that is a violation.

Too bad, it looked good :(
Omg, not at all. Why making a pack if you can't use it in your game.

Of course you can use it in your game, we simply ask you to not redistribute it and protect it like you protect your own files.

Anymore you can make as many projects as you want with it.

And why so cheap, simply because we wanted to make a good value. We thought an affordable quality pack was missing for developpers.
Djaggernautwww.tridinaut.com
You might want to think about programming a datafile archiver and extracter if you want newbie developers to be interested in buying. Not very many starting developers are going to care about their files, nore build a datafile program. Some professional games even leave their files exposed.

Just a thought. The weapons look really nice, BTW [smile]
Damnit, that was me above. Only the one right above this post, though [smile]

Quote:"You acquire the copyright to any derivative works created using MWP, provided the none of the original materials can be extracted from the derivative work by any means."

Now that I see the exact wording, this is simply not going to cut it. Anyone can write an extraction program for a game's datafile. So it's always going to be possible to extract the models. I think you're out of luck.
I haven't read it, but it seems from the comments you're getting that you might want to re-word your license. As far as your content goes, it's excellent! When I get the time to really work on one of my better projects, I'd be interested in contacting you guys for some contract work. You do anything futuristic? :) Anyway, great job!!!
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.

[Edited by - Saruman on April 27, 2005 4:13:11 PM]
Note to anyone reading: The OP is working on fixing/improving the issues I raised - don't leave the thread due to my points in this post.

My original post here:

I'd definately be interested in that, the package looks to be of excellent quality at a very nice price, but your licence terms are a little harsh.

Specifically:
Quote:from Tridinaut MWP Licence
If Tridinaut can show that any of the original material can be extracted from you're derivative work, Tridinaut can demand both the original and derivative work, and all copies to be deleted.

While I'd certainly be putting the assets in a protected resource file (actually, the protection would onyl be to comply with your licence, otherwise I'd just use a non-encrypted resource format), there's absolutely no possible way I (or anyone else for that matter) can give an absolute guarantee that our resource files can't be opened by a third party. If people want to get in there bad enough, they will violate any protections that are in place.

Also, on the subject of your licence, there's a typo you might want to fix:
Quote:
Tridinaut may also revoke this license if the you have violated it.

Very nice work though, your quality is very good. I might contact you about some contract work (or even sometime in the future be interested in this pack) if a more reasonable licence is negotiable?

//EDIT: Added note to the top, and shrunk the original post content.

[Edited by - Kazgoroth on April 26, 2005 6:39:42 AM]

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote:Original post by Kazgoroth
Also, on the subject of your licence, there's a typo you might want to fix:

Since someone has mentioned one, I'll post a corrected version of a few fixes Word shows [wink] (zomg!!11! I just added a semi-colon at the end of this line, too much coding [lol])

Quote:
Tridinaut retains all copyrights to the Medieval Weapons Pack (from here reffered referred as MWP). You have the right to use the content in MWP in your own game productions but you may not not redistribute it in whole or in part. You may not store it any place on a network or on the Internet where it may potentially be referenced by a third party. Tridinaut retains the right to resell this work at any price to anyone else, or stop selling it at any time.
You acquire the copyright to any derivative works created using MWP, provided the that none of the original materials can be extracted from the derivative work by any means. If Tridinaut can show that any of the original material can be extracted from you're derivative work, Tridinaut can demand both the original and derivative work, and all copies to be deleted.
Tridinaut may also revoke this license if the you have violated it.
Please, protect our work like you would protect yours. :)

Oh I still think those models are great [smile] Keep up the good work! We want to see more, I'm sure the licensing stuff can be taken care of.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement