• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

dev_cpp and windows

This topic is 4684 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

With the latest version of DEV_C++, winsock comes in four main files: "winsock.h", "winsock2.h", "libwinsock32.a", and "libws2_32.a". The library files don't seem to work correctly. I've noticed that all of the source I download that use winsock don't compile. Considering that file names of the libraries are changed I thought that maybe they are different altogether. I don't know what else to think. Does anyone here have DEV_C++ and have problems with winsock? It's really bringing me down :( .

Advertisement
I use winsock all the time with dev, if you cannot figure it out, you need to find a new tutorial, or finish learning c++.

It would be helpful to post the errors you are getting, and maybe a little bit of sample source.

There are so many tutorials I have read on Winsock2 and so many programs I have writen and downloaded(after failing at my own). The last one I tried came with the .EXE and with the code(You can download it Here). I tried the .EXE and it worked fine, I then tried to compile it after including the winsock2 library, and it didn't work. It is rather frustrating I have to admit, because I love programming, and yes as it may seem, I am new to C++, I am not new to programming. I feel kind of pitiful saying this but can someone help me?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement