• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mellonamin

*NON_PROGRAMMING QUESTION* Windows Versions

This topic is 4777 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am doing a report for school and I have to do an overview of some Windows Operating Systems. You know, it is very hard to find bugs that these OS's had (it's a conspiracy theory) and I would like to have some information. 1. Any bugs with any of the following systems: -Windows 3.11 -Windows 95 -Windows 98 -Windows 98 SE -Windows Me (this shouldn't be too hard) -Windows 2000 2. Also, what audiences were those operating systems targeted too? Anyone who can help will get rated! Much thanks!

Advertisement
The 9x systems had the random blue screen bug/feature.
Then they had the illegal operation bug/feature.
It was fun when explorer did an illegal operation.
2000 had the RPC service buffer overflow bug. Many viruses were written based on that bug.
That's the 60 second shutdown thing.
I could go on and on, but I suggest you search google a little, there must be some sort of list somewhere.

Oh and audiences were mostly home users.
Corporate users used more NT, but in the end everything was used by everybody.

This topic is 4777 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.