• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Luis Pinto

Question removed don't even bother

This topic is 4864 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
http://www.digipen.edu/programs/degrees/rtisbs.html

That's the course load. I'm applying there now, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to transfer in. Don't know about UAT though.

Luis,
I am very interested in your review of Westwood Online's game development degree. I have recently registered for this program and am slated to start this Fall. Judging by your post, I don't think you had a very good experience and I appreciate you sharing that here. I will now be doing some investigation on some of things you said so that I don't get ripped off also if that's the case. Hope you don't mind, but I would like to send you a more private email asking some other questions.

Are there any others out there who went to Westwood Online and had good or bad experiences? I think this would help a lot of prospective game programmers out. I guess I should start a new thread for that...

Yes, they are accredited by the ACCSCT (Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology). They also stated that their profs all had at least 3 - 5 years of experience although Luis is telling a different story. When I went on the CS prof's list, I could only find one prof that even mentioned teching game software dev classes. I hope to get some answers about the books they use, prof history, etc., and I will post for all to see on here once I get their response.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!