• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

DirectX 8.1 SDK

This topic is 4771 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
I had the same problem as I found i had the DX8 not the DX8.1 SDK.

There is a lib for Serious Sam that has just the headers and the include files.

It's about 3MB which is heaps better than the bloat supplied by M$.

If you just need the libs and the headers and not the examples and all the other included bloat then look for the Serious Sam mod sdk.

I don't have a link but I know it works as I did this yesterday.

[grin]

It has a few extra .h and .lib files but these are small and can be ihnored.

You can try searching on google but I won't hold my breath. Microsoft is rather zealous when it comes to forcing copies of the sdk off the net. Which personally is rather odd behaviour considering it's free to begin with.

There's very little point in the header & lib downloads since the latest SDK has them included. The samples and docs are what you would really need. It's unfortunate that Microsoft doesn't make them available.

Quote:
Original post by DrunkenHyena
There's very little point in the header & lib downloads since the latest SDK has them included. The samples and docs are what you would really need. It's unfortunate that Microsoft doesn't make them available.

That would be true if it weren't for those cases when you deal with code that actually needs them.

Quote:
Original post by DrunkenHyena

I was pretty sure they did for the previous major release - just they made them difficult to find [sad]. I had a poke around, but couldn't find the actual SDK, but I did find these:

DirectX 8.1b SDK Extras
DirectX 8.1: DirectMusic Producer
DirectX 8.1: DirectShow Extras
DirectX 8.1: Developer Runtime
DirectX 8.1 Redistributable for Software Developers
DirectX 8.1: AppWizard

Given that someone already mirrored the main SDK, the above list might not be of any interest - but in case you're missing something, the above list might help out [smile]

hth
Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!