• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
GaRaOne

linker] with ignore windowsstandardlibs - const type_info::vftable'

This topic is 4865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey i try to make a small framework for opengl and network... i link with ignoring the windowsstandardlibs and us wcrt as alternative in my socketclass i have the problem with linking to const type_info::`vftable' german linkerror: socket.obj : error LNK2001: Nichtaufgelöstes externes Symbol "const type_info::`vftable'" (??_7type_info@@6B@) i dont know it exactly... but it seems that something is needed vor the virtual function table of the classes... how i can solve the problem without the standardlibs? is there a workaround... or what is a possible error in my code? thanks for every tip... bye

Advertisement
Don't use type_info, part of the implementation is in the "standard library" which you are not linking to;

i dont use it directly...

the string class in the socketclass is my own only with wcrt calls

and in the socket class i use only <WinSock2.h>
winsock seems to use the type_info...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!