raster scan frame buffer prob

Started by
1 comment, last by ballack 18 years, 11 months ago
hi, i have a problem, A raster scan display has a resolution of 1024 x 1326 and a 16-bit color depth calculate the number of bitplanes and the size of the frame buffer required for this display. can anyone tell me how to solve this problem. how can i find the size of the frame buffer. thank u.
Advertisement
There would be 16 bitplanes per row, for total of 21216. Each byte in a bitplane can hold 8 pixels, so we divide 1024 by 8, getting 128. 128 times 21216 is 2715648, which is how many bytes you'll need for your framebuffer.

Why do I feel like I'm doing someone elses homework?

I'm curious why anyone would use bitplanes for 16-bit colour, though. 16 colours (aka, 4-bit) would seem a whole lot more likely.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
thank you very much.

i actually searched all the books for the answer but could'nt find it.
it was asked for my exams

thank u once again

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement