[.net] VS.NET 2005 Questions

Started by
1 comment, last by Dean Harding 18 years, 12 months ago
Hi, Could somebody please explain (or point me towards) a list of the differences between the various versions of VS.Net 2005? I've found a couple of blog posts, and the odd bit of information about Team System, and of course, the pricing information, but I'm yet to come across a side-by-side comparison of what a developer will be able to do with one version that he won't be able to do with another, and how the functionality that's currently in the VS.Net 2003 editions map to the functionality in the 2005 editions. Thanks for your time
We scratch our eternal itchA twentieth century bitchWe are grateful forOur Iron Lung
Advertisement
Edition comparison chart.

Pricing. Oops guess you already found this one.

I don't know of info on how 2003 functionality maps to 2005 functionality, but I recall something about 2003 professional features to be in 2005 standard, etc. I'm probably wrong.

Here's a good comparison of how VS.NET 2003 is expanding for VS.NET 2005

Personally, I think it's a bit annoying that the 64-bit C/C++ compiler only comes with the Professional version of VS, since almost all new PCs these days are 64-bit, and it's really the only feature that'd make me want to get the professional. Hopefully they'll release the 64-bit compiler separarely :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement