Directx 9.0c for Win2k?

Started by
3 comments, last by paulecoyote 18 years, 11 months ago
Hi, I was wondering if the April 2005 release of the directx 9.0c is also available for Win2000? On the microsoft homepage it always said: "Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows XP Home Edition , Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP Professional Edition , Windows XP Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition" regards, m4gnus
"There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."
Advertisement
So far as i know it works.

since i am using both win2k and aprill sdk

regards
-Truth is out there-
oh...ok i'll try it
"There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't."
Windows 2000 has been officially dropped as a development platform. Apparently there are some aspects of the SDK that became much easier to handle using technologies that were not available on 2K. I've not heard exactly which parts of the SDK have that problem - I'm guessing PIX - so you might find that parts of it won't work.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I've yet to find a problem with the new SDK on Win2k, then again I'm not exactly pushing it very hard.

It's been officially dropped as a development platform already huh? I know they are putting it out to pasture very soon the way they did with NT4, any links on the development platform thing? It would be something I could show a supervisor to try and get our dev boxes upgraded to winxp.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement