Introductions

Started by
2 comments, last by NewbSabott 18 years, 12 months ago
Hello. I'm new to the forum and am currently getting to know people in the Game Programming thread and also the Audio thread in the creatives section. I've joined only just recently, but I've read the forum for a bit to get ready. I am happy to be around and am looking forward to becoming aquainted with many of you! I'm from New Jersey in the US and am pretty good at making Ideal music for games, hip hop productions, and now various forms of rock and roll are becoming apparent to me. Everything in between led me there. Except country ;). I'm also good with various forms of design. Ask me and maybe I can help. I have a problem I'd like to ask about, as I am only the newest of newbs around. I am going to learn C++ and DirectX 9.0c. Is that a good choice? Also, Dev-C++... I tried a sample snippet of code (i'm not even sure it was complete:() to the Dev pad, saved, and tryed to crunch and run it to no avail. My questions are these: Dev C++; Compatible with DX9? Is it a good choice for games programming? Is there something infinately better? Should I bust down the bucks to start off with Visual .Net products? What is the difference between what I'm guessing is standard and the .Net versions of MSVisualStudios? I realize this is a bunch to ask in one post, but it's all kind of that closely related and I'm sure someone here will undoubtedly be able to shed some light on these things. Thank You, Newbie J Sabott
Advertisement
Bumping, not being impatient but this would help a lot to even start...
Yes, you can use DX9 with Dev-C++, but it doesn't support the very latest version. However, want to use DX with Dev-C++, then I suggest you download the DevPack. Use the updater that is part of the Dev-C++ IDE.
~Oberon. Thank you, dev-pack. Going to get it now. Any hints or links about the very best place to begin exploring DirectX?

And, did you mean that the dev pack will allow the latest versio support, or that I will need it to mess with a previous version?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement